The CUC Fab Lab was featured in an April 25, 2016 article in the Daily Illini.
Informatics and Art Education are collaborating on a new course this fall to be taught out of the CU Community Fab Lab on campus! The course is offered in the 8 week format, both in the 1st and 2nd half of the semester.Students who register for the course will:
- Develop understanding of principles and processes behind prototyping
- Hack together and implement tools, ideas and proposals for workshops
- Critique, test and report on real-world examples of makerspace curriculum
- Practice multiple styles of expressions for different real-world contexts
- Gain familiarity with open source and proprietary software
- Learn about digital literacy, community-based art education, informatics and the design of makerspaces from an interdisciplinary perspective