What Problems Would I Solve?
As part of the data science team, you will contribute to the development of models that explain consumer preferences based on demographics, attitudes, and observed behavior within a virtual shopping environment.
You will implement state-of-the-art quantitative methods and design new approaches to extract insights from survey respondents. Your work will support new business development through the contribution and evaluation of novel ideas for client services and data products.
Who Would I Work With? Who Would I Work For?
Working closely with software engineers and system administrators, you will help transition data science products from the white board into fully-integrated, production components of the company’s software-as-a-service platform.
When will I start? What will I make?
Ideal candidates will be local (based in Chicago) and have availability to start a new full time position in the next 2-4 weeks. The interview process should take no more than 1-3 weeks from initial phone interview to offer letter. We are happy to discuss compensation including base salary, viagra.
InContext is all about people. We are committed to finding, training and growing fun, interesting and ambitious people who demonstrate integrity, intelligence and the ability to make things happen. At the same time, however, they must be a strong cultural fit, sharing our commitment to building a world class company. Following are specific required qualifications:
- You are an enthusiastic engineer with a strong affinity for data-driven approaches.
- You enjoy learning almost as much as you enjoy teaching.
- For candidates with more than 3 years work experience, a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, or social science discipline with strong emphasis on quantitative methods.
- For candidates with less than 3 years work experience, a master’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Proficiency in Python OR two other programming languages (C, Java, Lisp, R, Go, etc.).
- Strong understanding of experimental design and quantitative analysis using statistics, machine learning, or econometric methods.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- PhD in a technical discipline
- Experience with survey design and Bayesian data analysis.
- Experience with agile methods: iterative development, version control, continuous integration.
- Administration of Cloud infrastructure and distributed databases
- Involvement in Kaggle competitions or equivalent.
- Contribution to open source projects.
- You write code for fun.
If available, please include a link to your GitHub profile or personal website.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the position title and location in the subject line of your email.
InContext Solutions has developed the most advanced online 3D technology to deliver insights to the biggest brands in the world. We are both a technology company and a market research firm. We invent and perfect software to solve our clients’ problems faster, better and more accurately than the competition. We believe success comes from bringing smart, talented people together and providing strong leadership to help them do what they do best. Our company culture is unique and rests on three core principles: Attracting and Keeping the Best Talent, Delivering the Best to our Clients and Creating and Maintaining an Exceptional Work Environment.